Job opening: Postdoctoral Assistant in English Literature and Culture Studies
Part-time: 60%. Envisaged starting date: 1st February 2023
The Department of English at the University of Basel is looking for a part-time (60%) assistant in English literature and culture studies (with Professor Ina Habermann).
The successful applicant will
- write their habilitation thesis/second book (part of the working hours are reserved for the research project), publish academic articles, attend relevant conferences, give conference talks, and engage with the activities of the Department of English;
- teach 2 hours per semester on the BA and/or the MA level;
- support the Chair in her academic and administrative duties/work;
- perform administrative duties, such as student advising and active involvement in the planning and organisation of departmental structures, processes, and courses of study.
Candidates should have a PhD in English Studies and a sustained interest in English literature and culture. An interest in 17th and 18th century literature is appreciated.
We offer you
You will work in a vibrant and research-active department. The conditions of employment are based on the regulations of the University of Basel. Assistant positions are fixed term (2+4 years for postdoctoral assistants).
Application / contact
In one pdf file, applicants should include
- a motivational cover letter
- their CV
- a piece of writing of no more than 30 pages that best represents the applicant’s research, e.g. a chapter of their PhD thesis or a published academic article
- a sketch of a possible habilitation thesis/second book project
- copies of university diplomas
Please send your application file electronically to the secretary, Mr Alex Van Lierde, by 2nd October 2022:
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Subject: Assistantship in English Literature & Culture